Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Little Geek and a Little Chic



Jeans - Old Navy
Ballet Flats - Old Navy
Plaid Shirt - Old Navy
Tank Top - Walmart
Necklace - Black Market Minerals
Bow Headband - Homeade


2009 was a very difficult year for me. It was full of trials, and I changed a lot due to them. Last year I followed. My friends, bloggers who fashion I liked, etc. But no longer. I am who I am and I like who I am. I'm far from perfect, but I'm me, and I like me and I'm past caring what other people think. If they don't like me that's their problem. Yeah, I listen to Demi Lavato, and Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez - that's fine. Yeah, I don't date; could care less about boys - that's fine. And yeah, sometimes I dress casually and wear jeans - that's fine too. I'm a little geek, and a little chic; a little country girl and a little city girl - but not going to change myself to impress anyone else - not anymore. My true friends will love me no matter what.

So now I am trying to find what my "thing is." I know I'm interested in music, writing and fashion but I'm not sure which - if any - are serious or will stick around in the long run. I'm blessed to have the most amazing big sister, though. She's so supportive of all my (crazy/wild) endeavors, never tells me I can't do something, and always makes sure I stay grounded on the "straight and narrow path." I know through God's will, with her and all my other friends' and family's support I can find what I'm meant to do. :-)

So here it goes - this should be some adventure. ;-D

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to breathe new life into this dusty old blog of yours. Why don't we start a trend? Summer is a prime time for blogging, after all.

    Love the new name, by the way. Who is that lovely girl on the swing? :P

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete